Marks Models Cork meetings 2020

Model related events around Ireland... or close to it.
Michael Marks Models

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:37 am

Hey Everyone!

The first model meeting, for the Cork store will be the 25th of January.

The usual time of 18:45 to arrive, with a kick off at 19:00.

Please bring a mug, if you want tea or coffee, rather than using any polystyrene cups.

I would also appreciate any volunteers for a demonstration.

Cheers,

Michael

Georgeconna

Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:13 pm

nice One Micheal, I can give a demo on not how to model but it may not interest too many!!

I'll have a few built kits that the paint has actually stayed on with me. Dont feel the pressure to have a demo each time btw.
Cheers

George
jaydee

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:02 am

I'll bring a small few small things. It's not essential to have a demonstration every meeting, I reckon if we could add a
bit more to the show and tell it could be just as interesting. :o)b
Michael Marks Models

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:57 am

Cheers guys, see you at the meeting :)
d_anonymous_modeller

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:36 pm

First model meeting this year & well attended with a few new faces.Thanks to Micheal for hosting the meeting & I think there was a big selection of biscuits,thankfully no Jaffa Cakes.Lots of models in the show & tell.Rodders was busy over Christmas with a variety of military vehicles.

Richard brought an Italeri tank built a few years ago and a couple of in progress ones.

Dennis's resin kit Austin 7 Ulster,resin Austin Twin Cam Raceer,Airfix? Rolls Royce Touring Car & a Roden kit Irish Rolls Royce Armoured Car with a Micheal Collins Prince August figure.

Christine's first model,a 1/24? tractor,handpainted.

Micheal's Tamiya Churchill Crocodile

A young chap,not sure of your name - Richard I think?A Takom M47 Pattern in Belgian markings,Dragon Panzer 4 with a snow plough, AFV or Tiger Models AMX10RC with full interior & scratched skirts from aluminium can & a Tamiya F-15C (minus a canopy).

Brian's small dioramas,first with Tamiya Russian infantry & the second with a Tamiya armoured car SDKAFZ222 from the Africa Corps with motorcycle & Value Gear storage boxes.

Jim's Revell Panzer 3L with 15mm gun in 1/72 as usual with drilled track guides,gun muzzle & wire handles.

Wayne's KP Models Sukhoi SU-7 in Egyptian Air Force colours painted with Tamiya paints.

Roy's work in progress Tamiya 1982 Formula One Renault RE30B Turbo painted with Revell & Humbrol enamels.

Anon's AZ Models 1/72 DH. Chipmunk work in progress with a new tail.

Colin's Airfix Tiger 1 painted with Mig paints,also his first model.

Finally Paul's Dragon kit Tiger 1 painted with Life Colour & Tamiya,displayed on the nicked kids blackboard.

Lots of chat,adios till next time,
Anon.. .
Michael Marks Models

Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Hey all,

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I'm in the process of moving house and have no internet at home. There will be another meeting this month, Saturday the 29th of Feb :)

Usual details, 18:45 you can duck under the shutters and come into the shop.

Don't forget to bring your own mug (looking at you Roderick... :P) for tea/coffee.

Return to “Events”