Marks Models Model Meetings 2018/19 Season kicks off on the 29th of Sept.

Model related events around Ireland... or close to it.
Wayne E

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:59 am

The next Cork model meeting will be on Saturday the 24th of February 6.45-8.30pm-ish, There will be no demo this month, but there will be show and tell, so please do bring along a model to the meeting, free tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Everyone welcome.

d_anonymous_modeller

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks to Wayne for hosting another monthly meeting, no demo so here are the models for show & tell on the night.

Rodders fleets of ships

Wayne's Hurricane

Brian's Sherman & Bren Carrier

George's Supermarine Attacker

Jim's 1/72 motorbike

Till next month,
Anon...
jaydee

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:00 am

Excellent meeting again. This is an unmissable evening for me at this stage. Great bunch of guys, friendly and funny. :DX
Vinny

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:32 pm

jaydee wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:00 am
Excellent meeting again. This is an unmissable evening for me at this stage. Great bunch of guys, friendly and funny. :DX
I totally agree Jim! Even though there was no demo this month there was some great banter to be had. I was glad I was able to make it this time. Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks again to Wayne for his great hospitality after a long day/week in the shop.

And thanks to Anon for consistently going to the effort of banging up the photos after each meeting.

Cheers!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]
Wayne E

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:58 pm

The next Cork model meeting will be on Saturday the 30th of March 6.45-8.30pm-ish, I will be doing a demo on how to make scale trees using the wire technique and Jim will be doing a talk on the History of the German Panzer. There will be show and tell, so please do bring along a model to the meeting, free tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Everyone welcome.
LiamD

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:02 pm

Can't make it again, Munster, Munster, Munster.
'One of these days I will get my eye in'
Georgeconna

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Dunno way you boys follow a Limerick Team in all Fariness.....Plus the ball is not even round.
Cheers

George
Wayne E

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 pm

Another great meeting, thanks to all that came and to all that displayed. Big thanks to Jim for the talk on German WW2 Tanks very interesting and much appreciated. Thanks to George for supplying the milk and biscuits. Here is the link to the demo on how to make the trees. We have two meetings left until the summer break and i'm looking for volunteers to do a demo for each of these please. Thanks Wayne

d_anonymous_modeller

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 pm

Another great meeting hosted by Wayne,a very informative talk on German tanks along with a large selection of 1/72nd scale models by Jim Dooley.Followed by a skillful remaking tutorial from Wayne.

A very varied show n tell this month starting with Stephen & Jerry's 1/12 scratched radio controlled 4WD Morris & AEC Matador made using foamex with 3D printed interior parts.

Stephen's work in progress German Army LGS Fennek made from a block of styrene cut by a router using a DX File into 2mm sheets of parts to be assembled.

Jerry's turret made from plasticard, foamex, aluminium & brass for a future scratchbuilt tank.

Brian's Japanese mini dios made with Masterbox & Tamiya figures.

Rodders Airfix Hood & HMS Ark Royal

Denis's Formula One Lola Mk.6GT,scratchbuilt resin model using an old vacform body.Then used it to flush mold a resin body.

Ricardo's 1/24 & 1/12 scale etch tie wraps.

Ricardo's 1/12th scale resin body & white metal detail 1951 Formula One Alfa Romeo TIPO 159 Alfetta driven by Fangio.Cut down the middle to show the interior detail.

George's late running buses & railway carriage kits.

Good craic at the afterparty gats in The Poor Relation,you know what I mean.
Till next meeting peeps,
Anon...
jaydee

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:31 pm

Another first rate meeting. Great variety of builds on show and one of the best demos to date.
On the ball again Wayne. And a couple of pints around the corner with the snug to ourselves. Very enjoyable all round. [smilie=first.gif]

Return to “Events”