Minion Paaarp! figure

d_anonymous_modeller

Minion Paaarp! figure

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:39 pm

OMG,
just noticed this group build finishes in less than an hour but I haven't done much modelling lately but almost have this Minion finished so just stickin him in here.I picked this up at Telford,its a resin figure made by RetrokiT.They have a good range of these Minion type figures.I've been told this one looks like Kevin with a fart gun by Mr. C.Easy enough to clean up a little flash & sand the casting pouring block flat to use as a base.Then just spray a base white colour to make the yellow painting easier later.Tamiya yellow used for the body colour,just lightened with white.The rest was painted by brush with Vallejo acrylics.

For the pupils I couldn't find my Tamiya masking tape so used the commoner household masking tape with a hole punched to size.Pressed on with the wooden tip of a paintbrush around the hole & then just paint in the hole with brown & black.It worked ok but could be improved.

This is the state of play at the moment.

Not too far to go,just paint the metallic on the goggles & the fart machine.Touchup the eyes & seal in the paints.I also drilled holes in his head for hair,so will have to make & paint that as well.
Thanks for looking,Paaarp!
Anon....

Scanlan

Re: Minion Paaarp! figure

Postby Scanlan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:41 am

Epic!!

Lego

Postby Lego » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Lol.

Very nice denim look.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Love it Anon! It's turning out really well and the denim paint job came out real good. Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

I totally missed the dealine of this GB too… thought it was finishing at the end of September! :roll:

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Return to “The Splash of Colour Group Build”