EASA Protoytpe Rules

Georgeconna

EASA Protoytpe Rules

Postby Georgeconna » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi all,

Prototype document on possible future rules on RC Drone and Aircraft. Should these come in then this will end the RC Journey for Myself with Draconian rules and Regs for Hobbists. Some may even say this clears the Skies for the big guns like Amazon and other delivery drone systems that may come about in the future. :(

Page 14 onwards defines the Categories for Unmanned Aircraft

https://www.easa.europa.eu/system/files ... 0final.pdf

for those that prefer Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJNTGhYoto

My Stuff will come into Cat A3 so In effect if this come in all the stuff I have will be illegal to fly and will be defunct. I pass in two, Training and I am over 14 years old.

UA operations in subcategory A3 shall:
(a) be performed with a class 3 UAS placed on the market:
(1) complying with the product requirements defined in Appendix I.5;
(2) displaying the CE marking and the class 3 identification label on the UA in a visible
and practical manner; and
(3) that has not been modified in a way that breaches compliance with the requirements in
Appendix I.5;
(b) be conducted:
(1) up to a height of 150 m (500 ft) above ground level, unless otherwise determined by
the competent authority for the operational area based on airspace considerations;
(2) within a range such that the remote pilot, or a UA observer who is situated within the
VLOS of the remote pilot, maintains VLOS; clear and effective communication shall
be established between the remote pilot and the UA observer;
(3) with a minimum horizontal distance of 20 m from uninvolved persons if flying a
rotorcraft, or 50 m otherwise; and
(4) with active and up-to-date geofencing and electronic identification systems;
(c) and be carried out by a remote pilot:
(1) being at least 14 years old;
(2) carrying evidence of the competence achieved after having received training provided
by training service providers in general knowledge of aviation and airspace, principles
of operation of UA, risk management, ethical airmanship, data protection, privacy
protection and environmental protection according to standards or alternative
qualifications accepted by EASA;
(3) having the appropriate familiarisation or practical training to minimise the risk to third
parties in the specific conditions and operational environment, following best
practices.

cheers

George
Cheers

George

Return to “R/C Modelling”