Commissar of Grievance

Post your model build topics here.
Post Reply
BKirwan
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 pm

For some reason or another last weekend I did something I have in 25 years of modelling never done before - fired a scratch-built steam-punk type model together. I was actually working on a Tamiya Fw190 A3 and I think I was so bored with how well it fitted together that my hand went a wandering.

The main body part is the fuselage ventral fuel tank from the Italeri's B-58 Hustler chopped off. I started with the pilots station using the 1:48 pilot from the Tamiya Fw190 kit and some bits of one of Revell's Stars Wars kit's. The tail unit is also for the B-58, the wing units form a Su27 (or Mig29) and the cable cutters are from the Revell Type VII C u-boot. After that it's a explosion of parts from the spares box and Everegreen.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Parts still to come including modified side fuel tanks and ventral fins.

Image

I am going to call the pilot the Commissar of Grievance as there seems to be a lot of them about these days ;(
The pilot is 1:48 Luftwaffe (needing Borg type interface with the control panel ) and 1:35 head from Takoms St Chamond tanker with face mask and with a respirator, trunk and mohawk added for good measure.

Image

Enjoy !! Will post update when I get around to painting this thing.
regards

Brian


User avatar
Vinny
Posts: 4149
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: Cork

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:58 pm

Very cool project you got going on there Brian. I wouldn't list Steampunk as one of my favourite genres of modelling but I do enjoy looking the models and seeing if I can spot where the parts have been taken from :D You certainly have to have good imagination for these types of models.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]
BKirwan
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Quick update
Have got nearly all the painting, weathering, decals done and most if not all the final assembly finished. Not 100% but 98%
Am orking on the diorama and will add some photos of how that is taking shape in the near future.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Work In Progress”