Tamiya king George v

Post your model build topics here.
kpnuts

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi all nearing the end now ( I say that hopefully) 

As is now

With all the PE on the decks

kpnuts

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi all, well apart from the Oerlikons all the deck furniture is done, i think, hope?

kpnuts

Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:33 pm

Bit of a catastrophe on this one missus knocked one of the sub assemblies off the bench, i can't find the pe range finder also can't find the bit the crane is held between on the 2 bits that both broke off to say I'm annoyed is an understatement, i was going to try and finish the Oerlikons this weekend, also some of the pe mast stuff is missing or bent (hopefully I can straighten that out.

Not sure what else is missing I'm hoping anything else won't notice.
Vinny

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:43 pm

That's a shame about the damage but I honestly don't think the average person would notice unless they knew the ship well. Fantastic work and patience on show here! [smilie=bow.gif]

Keep up the great work!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]
kpnuts

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi all well I finally got some modelling time and I've fixed what I can and I've now glued the sub assy's to the deck (I know it will make adding further pe problematical but I figure the whole ship will have to be knocked off the bench to damage bits in the future)

So now I have about a gazillion bits of PE to add to the  Oerlikons, then all the railings, build and add the last set of pompoms to the stern big guns, add the pe to those guns and the job should be a goodun.
Vinny

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Shaping up nicely Ken. Lovely work :o)b

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]
kpnuts

Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi all that's all the PE attached just the rigging to do now (not looking forward to that) I say all the PE there are some steps and platforms to add to the sides but I will add them after it's on a stand as I already broke the platform off the one set of stairs which I added and lost the platform for them, i figure it will be safer to leave them till last.

Return to “Work In Progress”