Tamiya king George v

Post your model build topics here.
kpnuts

Tamiya king George v

Postby kpnuts » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi all I was given this and the Bismark for a Christmas pressie from my daughter and son I bought what i thought was the pe for this kit (which cost more than the kit and I now discover is still not the full pe for it, i will buy the rest but just have to wait a bit) so I was thinking I quite like the pics by Eduard and pontos (others are availiable) of the pe on the finished ship with no paint on it and was thinking maybe I would do that with just a slight difference being I would weather the pe but leave it unpainted. What do you all think, I quite like the pe showing I think it adds interest(i know it's not very accurate but let's face it I'm pretty rubbish with this modelling lark and I very seldom build as per the instructions anyway.
So here is my start on this build
Made a start on the decking (Will be using pastels for the decking this is just the base coat.

Wayne E

Re: Tamiya king George v

Postby Wayne E » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:02 pm

Lovely Subject and looking good so far. Can't wait for the finished build !

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi all well I've done the decking and weathered the hull.

I'm surprised how much bigger this is than the warspite she also quite a bit wider.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:20 pm

Nice idea about doing something like the Eduard promo shots. The PE you've added so far is very impressive. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:02 pm

here is the next update.

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi all here is another update

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am

Hi all well the rest of the eduard pe has arrived now I have to cut off all the little boxes I just spent ages painting on the decks also the blast shields and all the doors off all the superstructure 

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Sat May 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi all well I've added a miniscule amount of the huge amount of pe to this and I've realised someone made a big mistake how do you open these doors.

Encase you can't see from the pics there is a box about 1 mill in font of a 3 mill door 

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Thu May 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi all well this will probably be my last update before we get back from our hols we will be packing tomorrow night.
Got to say I'm really looking forward to a week in the sun doing nothing at all with a drink in my hand and my every whim catered for.
I'm thinking of drilling out all the portholes (I say thinking as there are a lot of them)

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Tue May 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi all the pe really does make a big difference, I'm still not great at it but even with my ham fisted efforts I still think it looks better (of course if I painted it it would help to hide my errors) I still like the improvements though.
The first 2 pics are how the parts would be oob that is the completed part.
And this is with the added pe
And here it is in place
That part is only 10mm so is really small.

Return to “Work In Progress”