my Tamiya 1/35th SAS Jeep

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
stephen8718

Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi guys here is a golden oldie of the Tamiya Jeep. As usual its Tamiya so no problems in the construction. painting all the accessories was a bit of a chore all right. i now have a European and desert one done. thanks for looking.

Vinny

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:43 am

Painting all those accessories must have been a pain but it was all worth it! They make the model Stephen and it looks fantastic fully loaded and busy. Great modelling skills on show again. One to be proud of!

Thanks for sharing.
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]
BKirwan

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:41 am

There is something really cool about these jeeps. Despite how prolific these were it is still a niche modelling interest. Great looking model, all that ammo and gear gives it a busy look.

The SAS badge is cool, if I am right you printed it ?If I may be so bold as to offer a opinion about the display I suspect if the badge was smaller or possibly faded it might compliment the jeep more. To my poor eyes its competing with the jeep because of its size and strong colours. You want people to look at your work not the printers.

BTW Azimuth do a line of French commando jeeps based on the Italeri 1:35 kit . They cover subjetcs from WWII , Suez, Algeria and Indochinie.
I have been planning a line of builds and have started to collect photos on Pintrest about jeeps. Fascinating subject with 100's of options.
Thanks for posting
Regards
Brian

Return to “Ready for Inspection”